

So often when I talk to people that know we're having twins, they'll ask me how I'm feeling and if the boys are kicking a lot. I'll usually answer using the boys' actual names, saying something like this: "Isaac likes to poke his head out a lot and Austin is constantly in my ribcage." Then people ALWAYS ask "How can you tell the difference between them moving?" or "How will you know which one is which when they're born?" Well, there are interesting things you learn and fun privileges you get when you find out that you're having twins. You always have a "presenting twin" which basically means which sac/fetus is positioned to come first if you have a normal birth. This doesn't change according to my midwife. So Baby A from our first ultrasound will always be Baby A at every other ultrasound. And since we get to have ultrasounds every month from 5 months on, we get to see the positions of the boys every few weeks. So, for the most part, I can tell which kid is kicking like crazy, etc. Granted, they can move some, but I really think they're starting to run out of room... because I don't know where else I can stretch. But, I said that a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I'm bigger now than I was then. And for all of you that are curious, I am 30 weeks, and measuring at my appointment last week, like someone who is 35 weeks pregnant. And I still have, fingers crossed, at least 6 more weeks to go. Here are some pictures of the boys from our last ultrasound. Hopefully you don't find these pictures too freaky. The top one is Austin and the bottom one is Isaac.
Monday, December 24, 2007
The Boys....
Posted by The Spendloves at 9:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I told Ryan you always refer to them by name and ask if I can start doing the same. He remained silent. I think he's still hoping he's going to come up with some earth-shattering alternative name to the ones we've (I've) found so he doesn't want to give in to calling them their names yet.
Post a Comment