Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home...


Yes, Shawn is back home from Asia. 17 days and 4 countries later he is really tired. He left Utah with his first cold in a LONG time. Add to that 30+ hours of flying in a plane made for small Asians when you're 6'5" and you can imagine how unhappy he was when he finally got there. But the humid air and several nights of uninterrupted sleep (a.k.a. No little boys waking up at 4am) helped him to get over the cold pretty quickly. He saw some amazing things in 17 days... The Great Wall of China, Tienanmen's Square, clean streets of Tokyo, lots of Buddhist palaces, etc. He even said he would move us to Japan or Hong Kong in a heartbeat. But since we both speak Italian I don't see that happening too soon.

He is convinced that the boys changed a lot while he was gone. They did start grabbing at toys more and "talking" more instead of crying. But that's nothing compared to what his brother missed while he's been defending his dissertation in Texas and his wife moved the kids out to California ahead of him. Their youngest started walking! So, that put everything in perspective for him.

Overall, I missed him and the boys missed him. So now that the trip is over, only 7 more nights of class for Shawn...

7 comments:

Tennille said...

I'm personally the most glad that you and the boys made it through unscathed, thanks in no small part to Shawn's awesome sister helping.

Also, that picture's cute, but I need a few more up close ones of the BABIES. I know what Shawn looks like. I want to see more of the boys. :)

Angie said...

Yeah! So glad it's over. Can you imagine if he were deployed? And yes, I have to agree with Neelie about pix--and label them too!

Angie said...

okay, so I surfed on over to Shawn's sister's blog and she has far better nephew content than you do. I told her so. At least SOMEONE gives us what we need :)

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Ah hah! So that's why I couldn't reach anyone when I was in Utah. I'll have to see these kids another time. Thanks for the photos. Now I'll have to find Shawn's sister's blog too.

Jules said...

What an AWESOME trip! Glad we can can live vicariously through him.

Sarah said...

Welcome home Shawn! I'm sure you missed your family while you were gone as much as they missed you.
Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Love you bro!

Moose and Family said...

It was fun seeing your family at Cafe Rio!! Aaron was bummed he missed out. You can find our family's blog at: http://serrfamily.blogspot.com