Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Camera is Back

So we made a huge error in judgment. We went to Peru in July and noticed on the trip that something was wrong with our camera. Any picture with flash or a lot of white would turn out over exposed. So, did we get it fixed when we got home? No. We sort of forgot about it every time we used it over the past 9 months. So, when did we finally realize that something needed to be done? When the boys were born. So, we finally bit the bullet and mailed our nice camera into the Nikon people. Thankfully they fixed it super fast. We got it back in the mail less than 2 weeks after we sent it. It was not fun being without a camera, but we've made up for it in the past few days with photo shoots of the boys. Here are a few fun ones I took while my Dad was here taking care of the boys. He would always tell me to run and grab my camera when they were doing something cute. So we captured some really cute faces.








9 comments:

Jules said...

Love the smile! Don't you love when they smile at you? Naomi is starting and she's starting to "talk" when I talk to her! Every stage just gets better and better (topping off around 3 :))

Tennille said...

Those cheeks need pinching and kissing--all four of them!

Tiffany said...

okay, I just sent an email begging for more pictures. Oops! Anyway, you should probably label the pictures cause its starting to get hard to tell who's who. I'm guessing the top 2 pics are Isaac and the bottom 2 are Austin?

The Spendloves said...

Good guess... Yes, the top two are Isaac and the bottom two are Austin. By our scale they're 10 and 12 lbs respectively.

Angie said...

Beautiful! I can't wait for the twenty-fifth to get here. Dad is very good and the picture commanding. He does the same thing at my house. I must say Sorry BT, you bore those boys, but they seem, from the pix, to be 100% Shawn. Am I wrong? Oh, and 12 isn't that far from 16. Austin may catch up to Em yet (or roll over her in his fabulous use of large motor skills!)

Jen I said...

Aw! I was going to ask you if they were smiling yet. It becomes so much more rewarding when they actually smile! 12lbs??? Holy cow. Austin is going to bully my kids.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Personality already! How lucky.

Are they letting you sleep yet?

Monica said...

Love love love the pictures...keep them coming!

Abby said...

Brooke,
I just read about the one-dimensional issue - I know I'm in the wrong post, but I had an idea. I did this just yesterday, in fact. (I learned that I ought to do this just 2 weeks ago - so think of this as me giving you a HUGE head start on motherly bliss.) Your sisters have basically said this - SELF CARE. The reason what I am going to tell you is different is because it is in black and white. I made three lists: I love to:, I feel good when:, and I want to:.
On these lists I sorted things like - reading my college degree related magazines, Arranging Flowers, & Finishing a project or doing yoga - I bet you can guess which list they fall under, even. Vacuuming and Mopping, make me feel good. Organizing a closet or exercising gives me the feeling that I've accomplished something. Taking time for myself, on purpose - even just a few minutes, reminds me that I am capable of feeling something other than frustration. Get your manicure, girl. Take care of yourself first - even if they both start crying at the exact moment you step into the shower. Take a nice long shower. They will still be there when you get out, dressed with your face washed and your hair combed. (Grandma told me that.)
The important thing is to be deliberate. Make the lists, and then do something from each list everyday - more, if you are still feeling stuck. Keep working at it until you cross them all off - if it makes you feel even better, then print off a new list and start over.

Even though I know it's going to be a long time, and talking on the phone isn't your thing, please feel free to call me when your twins are twelve. That's when you start wishing you hadn't worked quite so hard to teach them to speak, and you wonder if the two (or three) of you are going to make it out of his (their) puberty sane. I'll start praying for you now that yours aren't quite as lippey as mine is turning out to be, and I'll keep all of my Family Home Evening Lessons on things like "Respect vs. Disrespect" just in case you or any one else could use them.

I can't tell you how good it made me feel to vacuum yesterday.