Sunday, March 30, 2008

I guess it's my turn

So I've been tagged a few times and ignored it. But I finally thought of 7 interesting things about me. So in no particular order.....

1. I am the warmest female I know. By warm, I mean body temperature. I HATE being hot. I get this from my dad I think because he's always warm too. Even as a child I would go to sleep with blankets on and my mom would come in and take them off of me because I'd get too hot during the night. When I was pregnant it was even worse. During the dead of winter I was sleeping with no blankets whatsoever. I had roommates in college that loved to crank the heat up and it about killed me. As a result, if given the choice, I will never live in Vegas, Texas or Arizona... basically any spot that has a really long summer.

2. I have a great love for Miracle Whip. My husband is just learning about this. I used to love eating bologna sandwiches with enough Miracle Whip to squeeze the bread together and have some of it ooze out the sides. No, I don't eat bologna anymore, but I still love more Miracle Whip on my sandwich than is healthy for me.

3. I loved the MTC, but the MTC didn't love me. Yes, I got in trouble in the MTC several times. But not for bad things. For really stupid things like dressing all in black as a district and for getting up too early in the morning to go running. The MTC president's wife actually used our district as an example of what not to do when she was making announcements in Relief Society. I also had to fly home after a week and a half in the MTC to appear before the Italian consulate in DC. So I liked telling people that I got sent home after a week.

4. I HATE finding hair all over the place. I hate finding it on the bathroom floor and on couches, etc. I blame this on being the youngest of five girls because there was always hair all on the bathroom floor. As a result, I don't want to have any pets that have hair. The idea of cleaning up the hair of an animal seriously makes me cringe. I don't hate animals... I just hate their hair and the fact that they shed all the time.

5. I am borderline narcoleptic and this has nothing to do with being a new mom. I have been able to fall asleep at the drop of a hat for the longest time. I have had co-workers catch me asleep at my desk. I used to fall asleep regularly during companionship prayer on the mission. I have even fallen asleep while reading scriptures, out loud. I did a paper on sleep in college and found that if you can fall asleep in less than 10-15 minutes, you're sleep deprived. So, my 30 seconds is not something to be proud of I guess.

6. When I get really excited I talk with my hands clasped together really tight. As a kid I used to clasp my hands together and move my hands around in a circle when I got excited. I've now grown up a bit and learned to control my excitement, so I just clasp them together and squeeze really tight. Shawn thinks this is the funniest thing, but at least he can read my emotions.

7. I don't like talking on the phone. Now, I'm not saying that I won't talk on the phone or that I don't like talking. But, whenever the phone rings, my first gut reaction is to ignore it. Some of you may have experienced that because I tend to ignore my cell phone A LOT. As a teenager when all of my friends were talking for hours on the phone, I hated the idea of it. We had a time limit for the phone at home, so I was never allowed to talk for hours thankfully, but I didn't even like short conversations on the phone. I think some of it stems from a fear of not having anything to say, especially to boys. My sisters would seriously listen to my end of the phone conversation if they knew it was a boy and I was always so nervous because I would talk about the stupidest things just to make sure the conversation kept going. I still have a problem with over compensating in a conversation. So, I guess that a bonus interesting thing about me... I babble when the conversation stalls. I once went visiting teaching a rather shy sister and we seriously sat there for over 90 minutes because I somehow managed to keep the conversation going talking about the most ridiculous things. I have some sort of fear of awkward silence I guess. I need to get over that one.

I would tag some other people, but I'm pretty sure everyone I know has been tagged. So I'll let everyone off the hook.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Dad is regularly appalled every time he comes to visit and finds that I have changed to mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip. Almost as bad as if I'd converted to another religion or something. But I have found that I love mayo. Miracle Whip was good, but mayo, now that's a creamy treat on a sandwich! And Chad hates it all! (And as for the fear of awkward silences, I'm right there with you. Chad says my gospel doctrine lessons never leave time for people to actually answer my questions because the silence kills me.)

Tennille said...

Brookie and the hand clasping--my favorite memory from Christmas morning and pretty much any other exciting day! And it was nice to gain a husband who was a natural heating system when I wasn't sharing a room with you anymore. I'm too cold-blooded to sleep on my own.

Love you :)

Monica said...

Um Miracle Whip...gross!! I like a little on a sandwich but it's definitely no love affair.

I like the phone more than you but I will say I have gotten off the phone after talking for an hour and wonder why in the world I talked for so long about stuff I'm sure they didn't care about. Maybe I have the same problem too.

And the sleep thing...Kyle often laughs that we can't drive down the street to Target without me falling asleep. I had teachers in high school that used to ask me about sleeping is school all the time. Once they heard about seminary and knew I was still getting a good grade in their class, they didn't bother me.

You are on your own about wanting it to be cold all the time. I have always thought that is why I was sent to the Philippines. I wouldn't have gone out of my house had I been sent anywhere cold and rainy!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

So funny. I hate the phone too! Scott is so good about keeping up with friends but when I try I sound like an idiot and feel like a stalker. Oh well. Let's be friends and not talk to each other. We can blog together in friendship and sisterhood.

Jules said...

No mayo or MW for me!! I am not the biggest fan of the phone, but mostly I hate other people listening to my conversations. I think I have gotten over that since I'm married, though. And I'm with you with awkward silences!