
Ever since returning home from my mission to Rome, Italy, I have held my breath during every conference hoping and praying that a temple would be announced. And today was the day. I can't fully express how excited I am right now. I immediately broke down in tears when I heard President Monson announce it. The saints of Italy have been waiting a long time for this.
When we first got into Rome, our mission president took us to a large piece of land that the Church has owned for a decade or so and he explained that it was big enough for a temple, a stake center and an MTC even. We each found a place to sit and ponder what we were there to do. It was an amazing way to start out our missions, knowing that our work would eventually help Italy get a temple, maybe even on the ground we were sitting on.
I'm still on cloud nine tonight... already making plans to be there when it's dedicated!
FORZA ROMA!
When we first got into Rome, our mission president took us to a large piece of land that the Church has owned for a decade or so and he explained that it was big enough for a temple, a stake center and an MTC even. We each found a place to sit and ponder what we were there to do. It was an amazing way to start out our missions, knowing that our work would eventually help Italy get a temple, maybe even on the ground we were sitting on.
I'm still on cloud nine tonight... already making plans to be there when it's dedicated!
FORZA ROMA!





13 comments:
I've been thinking about you all day and how happy you must be right now! Hopefully since the land is already owned, the approval process will go smoothly and quickly and you can be there for the dedication. Start saving your pennies!
How exciting! Can we watch the twins when you go? :) I am glad you are already having a great Conerence weekend.
Brookie - I immediately thought of you when President Monson announced it. How exciting!!
Brooke,
I'm so glad you blogged about this because you were the first person to come into my mind when I heard the announcement. How exciting! I bet you can just imagine how specific people from your mission are reacting to the news. Hooray for a temple in Rome!
Melissa
You will have to fight Lisa to get the chance to take care of A&I when we are gone. Who knows but in 3 or more years there may be an E, O or U that will also be here...
Shawn
You can bet we'll be there in Italy to celebrate as well! A's family is on cloud nine! :)
Seriously so cool!! And exactly when are we all going to Italy?? I don't want to be left behind even if I have no connection to the country like you and Neelie do!!
and wow Shawn already planning to have 3 more in 3 years?...now that is some multiplying and replenishing if I've ever heard of it!!
Thanks for blogging about this and sharing those wonderful thoughts. I am so excited for you as well as Scott and of course the people of Italy.
I thought of you immediately too!!! Congrats to all the wonderful people there that you love :o) And maybe we'll have to find an excuse to just happen to be there as well....
love you!!!
That is just so exciting! What a wonderful thing to happen. It was obviously such a long time coming!!!
We'd be up for going with you, too!
Dude - Brooke I totally thought about you that day!!! How shocking...very good news! I finally had some time to check out your recent pics...so cute...love Teresa
I forgot you served there! I was so surprised and excited when I heard that. Right in the middle of the Catholic Headquarters! Love it:)
Post a Comment