I've got to get better at just posting when I feel like it, rather than waiting for weeks and weeks or for some huge reason to post...
Anyway, I'm the Beehive counselor and have been for 2.5 years. All year we've been focusing on acts of service because of the mutual theme of Mosiah 5:15. Each Sunday the girls have had an opportunity to write on a small piece of paper an act of service they've done that week and put it in a bucket to be given to the Bishop at the end of the year. Every 6 weeks we changed the color of the paper to match the value we were focusing on. So I started typing up the pieces of paper in preparation for YW in Excellence next week. I started off with the first bunch... the faith or white pieces of paper. So these acts of service were done sometime in January/February. As I read through this stack it brought tears to my eyes realizing how many of these acts of service were done on my behalf. The girls/leaders never wrote the names of the people on the slips of paper, but it was quite obvious just the same. I was on bedrest and tending to our little boys during January and February of this year. It was very humbling to look back and remember how many people served us during that time. And the acts of service continued into Divine Nature or March as I started on the blue slips of paper. What a great way to start Thanksgiving... It definitely reminded me of all I have to be thankful for.
Like these little guys.... No I'm not grateful that they're fascinated with our trash, vertical blinds, CDs and stereos... but I still love them.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
A Day of Thanks
Posted by The Spendloves at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
Partners in crime. I love that their jammies are even striped--like they're already "in the joint" for misbehavior.
And as for gratitude, it's always a wonderfully humbling thing to see how you have been carried and by whom. What a touching task you have!
So nice that you captured those moments for posterity, so they can be properly embarrassed when they're teenagers. :)
I loved the post. Gotta love young womens! The pictures are awesome and I'm dying to hold them those cuties and at the same time freaking out that they are totally in your trash like some raccoons. Yuck! did you just die? One looks like he is actually trying to eat something out of the yogurt!
Such a cute picture - through the screen it looks like? Love it. But as for the rest...I'm not sure our boys can hang out. Yours look like troublemakers. They'll totally give Phoenix ideas. Ashton won't care, he'll still just sit and look chubbily after them. :)
That's really sweet about your YW. Wish I had had some like that!
Now that is just TROUBLE!!
Just the other day I was cleaning out a drawer of pictures & there are TONS of my twins getting into trouble together. All sorts of funny, crazy things...but never the garbage! That is hilarious- I'm glad you got pictures! They'll apologize someday!
Post a Comment