Oh right... I do. My sister emailed me a few days ago wondering if I had done any new posts because she just kept seeing the same post from Dec. 19th. I told her that I had done 5 new posts since then and something must be wrong with her computer. I'm so nice.
So, since I've been so productive this morning, I decided I had better put up a new post as well. It's 8:33am. I've scrubbed the kitchen floor, kitchen sink and counters. I've cleaned 1 bathroom. I've fed two boys and put them back down to sleep. AND, I've finished my PowerPoint presentation for a strategy meeting this afternoon at work. Not bad for a Friday morning.
I've had a lot of ideas for posts in my head, but they never quite make it to the computer. I had a list of New Year's Resolutions. I had a Christmas post in my head. I had a best and worst of 2008 list. There were a few more ideas in my head, but they are already gone. And so now, this post is just to say that I'm proud of myself this morning. All I really wanted to do at 6am this morning was go back to sleep. But, my to do list was overwhelming enough that it crowded my dreams last night, so I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. So, a couple of random thoughts, now that I feel ready for the day:
1. Proof that I am getting older - My oldest sister posted on her blog that going to bed before midnight on New Year's Eve was proof that she was getting old. My proof is that I am in pain still. I fell down the stairs on Monday. I had a FULL load of laundry in hand so I couldn't catch myself. I fell down almost all of our stairs. I reached out to the railing which only cut my hand and didn't stop me from falling. I had my office phone with me because I was listening to a company conference call, on mute thankfully. I sat there on the steps for a few minutes trying not to cry. Five days later my neck still hurts, my back is still a little tweaked. My heel is still bruised and I bruised the front of one of my fingers. Who does that? I think my body is officially past the point of healing quickly.
2. I think I multi-task a little too much these days - I remember making fun of my mother growing up because she never just sat and watched TV. She was always folding laundry, looking through ads, making lists, etc. And now I do the exact same thing. I can't just sit there. I'm always doing something if I'm watching TV or a movie. I didn't realize that was part of becoming a mom. Yesterday I even amazed myself. I was listening to a work meeting on the phone (muted most of the time), changing diapers, making and feeding the boys breakfast, eating breakfast myself, and cleaning up everything... all at the same time I was actually paying attention to our meeting and instant messaging someone in the meeting all of my thoughts and opinions on the subject. I think I'm losing brain cells because of this or I'm losing my ability to relax. Or worse yet... I'm not REALLY paying attention to anything.
3. I really want my boys to get over their colds - I think they've had 2 or 3 different colds in the last 2.5 weeks. And because they are the exact same age and around each other 24/7 its like watching a tennis match. They are just hitting the cold back and forth to each other. We haven't gone to church as a family in over 3 weeks. I saw my BFF ONCE while she was here for Christmas. Our twins didn't even see each other since my house was a den of viruses. Ugh... Their faces are so chapped from having snot wiped off of them. I pick up anything looking like a cloth or wipe and they immediately shake their heads and start crying.
4. Our boys are really getting more and more personality even while sick - Chubs is more like me. Even if he has a fever, as long as he has some drugs in him and he's not ridiculously tired, he acts like he's fine. He'll just keep playing trying to trick me into thinking he's not sick anymore. Little guy will lay his head down on the floor at the first sign of ailment. As soon as the drugs wear off he'll just stare at me pathetically... yes, he's a little more like his daddy. :)
5. After Christmas, living in Utah with all of this snow is more annoying than fun - I forgot how obnoxious it is to shovel snow several times a week. Thankfully it hasn't snowed in about a week. But that just means we have a nasty inversion moving in. I think I only like having snow until January 1st and then I'm done. If it's not part of making it feel like Christmas, I don't really want it. I'm not really great at snowboarding and with two infants it's next to impossible. So like Shawn always says... "If we can't snowboard all the time, there is no reason to live in Utah. We should just visit." I'm not saying I want to move, but a warmer climate sounds nice right now.
Okay, that's enough for now. I don't have pictures downloaded from Christmas, so these random ones from last week will have to do...
Oh and from the last post... the top one was I and the bottom one was A. See I told you it was hard!

Friday, January 16, 2009
I Have a Blog?
Posted by The Spendloves at 8:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Very impressive list of things you got done this morning. I'm amazed at what I can accomplish, especially while I'm on the phone for work. If people from work could actually see me, they'd either be in awe or just frightened. Isn't the mute button grand? Before I had a phone with one, I had to hide in my bedroom closet upstairs during conference calls. :)
And so sorry about your fall down the stairs. When I read that you grabbed onto the railing, I thought, "Not that railing. It's metal--it'll rip your hand to shreds!" And oops, it sounds like it did. Hope you heal soon!
Yuck--sorry to hear about all the colds and your fall! I'm so impressed at your multi-tasking skills, but do take care of yourself!!
Look at those cute boys. Sad I didn't get to see them while I was there FOR ALMOST A MONTH. :) Puffs plus is all I can say for colds. The only thing that doesn't chap all of our noses.
And I was still in bed at 8:33. Ahhhh. I'm so lazy. Sorry about your fall. At least it wasn't with babies in arms.
Yea a new post!!! Apparently you guys touched the same cart at Costco and caught all the colds that we did. Our family has been sick too since the beginning of December and I said last week when we all actually got to go to church together (It had been 4 weeks) that I was one week away from getting "inactive cookies".
Loved your list. I too try and catch myself when I'm doing too many things while watching tv and try and just relax. Motherhood...isn't it grand!?!
Post a Comment