A few days after we got home from the hospital. . .
A lot has changed in a year. I don't have their official stats yet since we go to the doctor tomorrow. But here are a few highlights:
Teeth - 13 total - 6 for A and 7 for I
Eyes - Blue... very blue
Hair - Blond and weightless. They are going to need some serious product or a hair cut really soon
Favorite Song - Ghost Town by Shiny Toy Guns. Yes, they are their father's sons. As soon as they hear the first part of the song they start shaking their heads, pull up on the stereo and start dancing.
Favorite Animal - Some blue animal thing... not sure if its a bear or dog, but they both sleep with it and love it.
Tricks - They can both stand on their own and just started taking steps in the last week.
Favorite Foods - Animal crackers... they start giggling when I pull out the enormous Costco tub. String cheese is a close second. I think little I would live on cheese if we gave him the option.
Personality - Well they're both adorable of course. Little A will sit with just about anyone as long as they have treats for him. Little I prefers to stay close to Mom or Dad until he warms up to you. Both of them are big flirts and I can always count on little I to to start smiling at any little girl who walks by. We're gonna be in trouble in a few years.
When we dressed them on Sunday morning in ties for their birthday, I almost started crying. They just looked so big standing there. I still think they're my little babies...



We had a low-key birthday party for them yesterday with family. They had their own mini cakes and their personalities came out in the way they ate them. Little A tore right into his and had a mound of crumbs on his tray within minutes. Little I just patted the frosting and barely ate any of it.
Teeth - 13 total - 6 for A and 7 for I
Eyes - Blue... very blue
Hair - Blond and weightless. They are going to need some serious product or a hair cut really soon
Favorite Song - Ghost Town by Shiny Toy Guns. Yes, they are their father's sons. As soon as they hear the first part of the song they start shaking their heads, pull up on the stereo and start dancing.
Favorite Animal - Some blue animal thing... not sure if its a bear or dog, but they both sleep with it and love it.
Tricks - They can both stand on their own and just started taking steps in the last week.
Favorite Foods - Animal crackers... they start giggling when I pull out the enormous Costco tub. String cheese is a close second. I think little I would live on cheese if we gave him the option.
Personality - Well they're both adorable of course. Little A will sit with just about anyone as long as they have treats for him. Little I prefers to stay close to Mom or Dad until he warms up to you. Both of them are big flirts and I can always count on little I to to start smiling at any little girl who walks by. We're gonna be in trouble in a few years.
When we dressed them on Sunday morning in ties for their birthday, I almost started crying. They just looked so big standing there. I still think they're my little babies...



We had a low-key birthday party for them yesterday with family. They had their own mini cakes and their personalities came out in the way they ate them. Little A tore right into his and had a mound of crumbs on his tray within minutes. Little I just patted the frosting and barely ate any of it.

Wow... I don't know if I'll feel like this for every birthday they have. But I'm still amazed that I have one year old boys. Now I understand why a lot of moms always want time to slow down. I just want to keep them this small and this precious. It's been a good year.






16 comments:
What gorgeous photos of the boys. I can hardly believe they are one year old already; babies grow too fast. They are so handsome. It was fun reading their "stats". I would love to see them dance sometime. I love those baby boys. I may have to pencil in a trip to UT to see them sooner than later.
You know how to take some great pictures. They are adorable. Happy Birthday Little Guys!
Happy Birthday to the boys! My twin boys are coming up on their first birthday and I'm sad and excited at the same time. :)
I loved their big-boy outfits yesterday. Thanks for letting us celebrate with you! Happy birthday, boys!
It's been a year already?! Wow. Time flies when you are just visiting via blog. By the way, those full-body bibs are genius!
Happy birthday A&I
They do look so grown up! I was just going to ask if they'd started walking yet. It really is a fun time right now. Great pictures. Happy Birthday little buddies!
Oh man! They are so cute. Love the outfits! I can't believe I haven't even seen them and they are one!! UGH!! I say take the trip here for sure!!
Brooke...so adorable! I feel the same way...wishing somehow to freeze time because I love the stage they are at right now. But then I realize the next stage is fun too...it just keeps getting better.
We saw Aunt Suz yesterday and she told me that they had had their 1st birthday, Amazing, it has not been that long. They are adorable, how could they not be. I guess I should get planning for our birthday coming up too.
Wonderful wonderful wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I wish we could have come up for the day. It is amazing what a tie can do to age a little boy. I think young motherhood is like a mission--the days are LONG but the months/years FLY by. If you think the first year flew by, just wait. It only gets worse.
Great Pics of the boys! Happy Birthday A and I! Can you believe that it has been a year? That is nuts! Well, we need to get together soon! I will email you or something! :)
Oh sweet babies! I just want to squeeze them! Do it, for me, k?
They looked SO cute in their little suits. We wish we could have seen them eat their cake. I love 1st birthdays and watching their personalities come out. It really is cute that they went about it differently.
It honestly seems like you just had them. That went so fast!
I love those boys. They look grown up and adorable in their church clothes with the ties. The pictures in their knit caps are beautiful. Did you enter them in the Regis and Kelly baby contest? I hope so because they are sure to win.
Love Grandma Spendlove
So adorable!! Can you believe they (Naomi included, now) are ONE?!!? I miss you, girl!
Post a Comment