Monday, May 11, 2009

A Love Hate Relationship

I love reading other blogs, but I kind of hate blogging on our blog. Ok, I don't hate it, but I get behind and the thought of catching up is daunting. And frankly I'm on my computer so much during the day for work that the thought of blogging and spending more time on the computer at night is just not exciting. But my boys need pictures posted and grandmas and aunts and uncles need updates, so I'm giving a quick update... not a lot of words, but some cute photo-ops.Don't feel bad if you don't know what HIMSS is. I did not attend this year thankfully. But I spent a good chunk of my life in March and early April preparing the rest of my team at work for the conference. And thanks to the economic stimulus package offering $$ to states, docs and hospitals going to electronic charting we are busier than ever. Gotta love being in a bi-partisan industry.

The boys needed haircuts. They were looking quite crazy with their long, weightless, blonde hair that no product could tame. So I bravely took some scissors to their hair. Thank heavens for starfall.com. They were very entertained while I cut their hair by the ABC song.

A before hair-cut


A after hair-cut


Little I before the hair cut


After


And finally... the Salt Lake Half Marathon. My first post babies race. I was surprised it took me a full year after their birth to decide to register for something. But I forgot how time-consuming it can be to train. I got to the point where I was getting up at 5:30am on Saturday morning to run 12 miles before the boys got up. I remembered that I'm not the best mom when I'm that tired. We're gearing up for our first full marathon in September and I'm trying to figure out how to run better or more efficiently without hurting my knees. Part of that is going to bed earlier. We haven't mastered that, but we're trying. Should be an interesting summer.

I've also been reading a lot. Shawn teases me that all of the books I have checked out from the library is stressing me out. I'm always reading 3 or 4 different books.

I'm obsessed with food storage. I'm obsessed with making bread and I've started making homemade whole wheat bread for the boys.

And let's be completely honest... the past week Shawn and I have been completely consumed by this show:If you're not a fan yet, I highly recommend renting the older seasons to get caught up. We found that we were watching the Office and then sometimes watching 30 Rock. And slowly we were laughing more at 30 Rock than the Office and looking forward to watching it more. We knew we needed to catch up on the first two seasons. So we checked them out from the library. Our library lets you keep DVDs for 1 week. Any DVDs requested by other people can't be renewed. So we had 7 days to watch 36 episodes of 30 Rock. We had a lot of fun. It's been a good month.

Here are some random pictures to finish up. I've been trying to get better with the manual settings on our camera. I'm not great, but I have cute subjects.

10 comments:

Jen I said...

Good update!! Wow, their hair was really long! Nice job. I wonder if we hang out in the summer if people will ask if we have quadruplets. I don't know - blond hair, same ages, and people ask dumb questions anyway. You sound like you should be tired. You do WAY more than me. I like to sleep. :)

Monica said...

Nice job on the hair cuts!! I think yours look better than mine ever did. Kyle always said it looked like I put a bowl on their heads and cut around them. oh well!

As for the running,...you totally sound like my friend who just finished her second Boston marathon. She has five kids and is always trying to figure out how she will get in a 20 mile run before the sun comes up. You all are amazing and super crazy!!

Tennille said...

Awesome new haircuts! Can't believe you guys are going to do a marathon!

Angie said...

great haircut! I have NO skills in that department. Thank heavens for a patient stylist who doesn't rob me blind to cut blonde boy hair. I know what you're saying about catching up on the blog. Mine is very behind, but I can't seem to get in enough self-time to make more than a comment or two (I can't count how many comments of mine get deleted unfinished because of some child induced mayhem) I'm hoping now that the big kids are back in school and with the new mac mini that I can sort this all out. At least you could manage a thumbnail update!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Thanks for the post Brooke. I definitely appreciate the updates. I'm impressed with your running and training. Good job! You're so ambitious. Nice job on their hair cuts. They are so cute, it's amazing how quickly those little guys grow. Oh and I love 30 Rock too, its soo funny.

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

Haircuts and Running? you are a super mom! Good for you!

Karen said...

fun update :o) you're an inspiration, BT!!!

Spendy said...

Those babies are so cute! They're like little men with their haircuts too!

Jules said...

We are totally fans of 30 Rock. Hilarious. The boys' haircuts are super cute, and WOW!! You are amazing for running the 1/2 marathon and gearing up for one in September. I can't seem to fit anything like that inbetween babies. Speaking of, I'm recruiting for Baby Fest 2--Spring 2010 --you in?!?!