Monday, May 11, 2009

You Know You're a Mother If...

. . .you spend several hours on Mother's day at the InstaCare with your little boy getting his first 8 stitches after he knocked over Aunt Lisa's glass centerpiece and fell on the shattered pieces. Little I was pretty tough even though he REALLY didn't appreciate that we were holding him down while they stitched him up. We REALLY didn't like seeing him cry so much. It was not a fun experience. Shawn even got a little light-headed at the sight of seeing his little boy's hand covered in blood. But you definitely know your a mom when you just want to hold your baby boy and make all the pain go away.

Here he is, much happier and showing off his neon green bandage...And yes, it does look like he's flipping off everyone he sees... :)

9 comments:

Jen I said...

Oh my. How sad. Really. How sad!

Monica said...

oh poor little guy! And yea...that's motherhood for you! H's first stitches were right over his eye and we didn't know it was above his eye at first because all you could see was tons of blood coming from what looked like he actual eye. Talk about getting queasy!! Oh the joys of being a mom of boys!!

Tennille said...

How awful! I'm so glad he's all fixed up and I love that his neon green finger. :)

Angie said...

Oh my! The neon green middle finger is priceless. All the relatively little hurts and bumps and breaks of childhood are so rough on our motherhearts. Glad I is doing well now.

San Diego Spendloves said...

I hope he is feeling better.

Sarah said...

Poor little Isaac. I'm sure that was pretty scary for all of you. Sorry that had to happen on mother's day.
I'm glad he was okay, despite needing stitches. I hope his finger heals well. Poor baby..that's why I can't be a pediatric nurse. Wonder what kind of mom I'll be with that stuff.

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

Oh poor guy! I hope it heals well and quickly!

Shawn, Em, Spencer and Ty said...

That is so sad. I am glad he is alright.

Riewerts' said...

Oh, no! I have dogded the ER with Rachel so far...Brooke - that is such a small world! We were there last Saturday around mid afternoon or so??? I love that place - the bucket thing is hilarious! I like taking my little nieces/nephews there when we visit. Our trips are always so quick involving a baptism or blessing or something -- one of these times I need to actually visit some Utah people (i.e. non family members!)! We should all get together soon! I am glad you update your blog so I can keep up with pics although I know it's a daunting task! I make Eric do our's!!!

Hope all is well,
Later!
Teresa