I know, I know... I haven't posted in over 6 months. Yes, that's pathetic and I have a lot to post. I mean to post all the time, but life happens and posts don't seem to.
But today is a red letter day that I had to post about.
This day was just over two years ago when Shawn graduated with his MBA.
Somehow through bad economic conditions, two job changes and several longer than we would have liked periods of unemployment, we have paid off all of his student loans.... as of today.
Somehow through bad economic conditions, two job changes and several longer than we would have liked periods of unemployment, we have paid off all of his student loans.... as of today.For those of you who haven't read The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey I highly recommend it. We are told almost every 6 months in General Conference by our leaders to get out of debt. After reading this book we saw a way to do it.
All I can say is it feels good... really good. And the fact that we did it with everything we've been through in the past two years is amazing. I'm just feeling really blessed and I had to blog about it. Seemed like a good reason to break my blogging hiatus, don't you think?
And I promise... more pictures will come soon.




9 comments:
Wow, are you serious? I have a feeling we'll be like 50....
So does that book tell you getting out of debt is always good? I just want to get rid of our student loans, but I know when they're a low rate it's financially better to invest or something rather than just pay them off. Ryan wants to do that. I just don't want them hanging over us anymore. Must feel nice.
Awesome! Congrats! I'm about to get myself in debt again... new car shopping this weekend! :-)
Congratulations!! That must be the best feeling ever. Way to go!
I am extremely impressed...and curious...looks like I need to get to the bookstore! I am so looking forward to that day, must be a huge relief, like you said! Good for you guys!
This is wonderful news! I bet you feel so free--keep it up!
Impressive!!! Good for you guys! And, yeah, post new pictures of those little guys please!
Awesome. Congratulations on being out of debt, and those two are cute little Cougars he's holding in the picture!!!
Wow, what an achievement!!! That is incredible, BT. We are nowhere NEAR that after however many thousands of years of school :o) But you are inspiring, and I will put that book on my list...
Love you!
Good Job! That is a huge accomplishment. Dave Ramsey ROCKS!!
Post a Comment