While Brooke is finally sleeping this second afternoon of motherhood, I decided to crack into our blog and try my hand within the bloggosphere.
Austin Paul Spendlove was born cesarean 2/8/08 @ 20:28. He was 7lbs 4oz and 19" long.
Isaac Shawn Spendlove was born cesarean 2/8/08 @ 20:30. He was 5lbs 11oz and 18" long.
Brooke is in room 208.
Mom is a trooper and is doing very well. We are both overwhelmed, me more than she, but we are also very blessed.
I sat with Brooke during the operation and I saw Austin come out and saw Isaac when he was all the way out. It was surreal experience and I am sure the nurses and doctors were wondering who this Dad was with a camera snapping pictures while calling each boy by name and grabbing their hands. There are too many intricacies and amazing events to fully recount here. But here are some highlights:
- Austin grabbed my finger while he was a cream cheese baby
- Isaac was as beautiful with blood on him then as is he now
- Brooke looked so amazing as her eyes lit up as soon as she saw Austin for the first time in the OR
- Brooke looked even more amazing when Isaac was displayed in all of his post-womb glory
- Grandpa Spendlove was the first to see me and the boys as I wheeled them our of the OR
- I fell sobbing like a little boy in MY Mommy's firm grasp
- Austin loved the bath I gave him in the nursery
- Isaac took his first feeding like a champ to quell his anemic symptoms
- Austin laid under the lamp like a weightlifter
- Isaac whimpered when I turned him over while bathing him
- They both looked so peaceful while in the nursery together
- When Austin is hungry he is mean, when he is full he is pudding in our arms
- When Isaac has pooped, he is as relaxed as a warm bath after a full turkey dinner
- Brooke feeding the boys is an example of the plan of happiness
- The health of the boys is another example of Our Heavenly Father's abundant blessings that are often too much to fit in the storehouse
- I had no idea that ward members could be as amazingly selfless as they have been to us, and this is an example of how true the church is
- I melt with tears when my boys look at me




10 comments:
WOW! How utterly adorable! Good job on tackling the blogging world! Brooke you are adorable and so are the boys!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Wow, Shawn - you're totally making me cry! I don't think even birth makes my husband display that kind of emotion. Thanks for blazing the trail, guys.
Shawn, you need to post more often...
What a wonderful experience for you guys. Congratulations to all!!! We are so excited for you. Keep us posted on the precious boys :o)
I got misty-eyed! I can't believe what good sizes they are, but my, my you can tell Austin is going to be the greedy one--he must have been getting more nutrients from mom while in the womb. I can't believe you made it so long with twins. Congrats to all! Isn't is amazing how much you can love those little buggers?
Wow, Shawn! What a great post--and the boys are absolutely beautiful. I loved, loved, loved cuddling both of them yesterday.
Congratulations, Spendlovealez family!!! Those are beautiful boys. Shawn, you perfectly depicted the heavenly sense of embracing your own children! We are so excited for you four!
SO happy for you guys! They are adorable!! Can't wait to talk to brooke in person. Congrats!!
What a tremendous blessing that Austin and Isaac were born healthy and that all is well with Brooke too. Brooke has borne more than her 12 lb. Spendlove baby on her first try. My two new nephews are adorable, it makes me want to fly to UT right now to hold them.
Shawn I loved reading your description, thanks for sharing. I am so happy to see you and Brooke blessed with the children. I love you all.
I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet your cute boys! Welcome to the world of parenthood, it is truly amazing!!
I am so excited for your family! I am stoked that they are so healthy and big! I hope mom is feeling well. As a first time mom for just 1 baby -- you are going to be a PRO in no time! Congrats you guys!
Post a Comment