
I've seen a lot of my friends post about the passing of President Hinckley this past Sunday. I've wanted to say something on my blog, but I wasn't sure what to say. Other than seeing him at a few Conference sessions and BYU Devotionals I've attended, I've never met him. But in truth, most of our church population has not met him, but we know he was a prophet of God and that's what counts. When I think about having a testimony of his divine calling I remember going through the sealing clearance process with Shawn. When he first applied for it, we got the letter back telling him to wait a year and apply again. There was a lot of confusion and anger when we got that letter. My bishop said it was up to us. We both had current temple recommends and we could get married civilly and he wouldn't think any less of us. But I wanted to know if there was a way to apply again or appeal the decision. I'll never forget his comment to me. He asked me if I had a testimony that President Hinckley was called of God. I immediately started to cry. Each of those applications are considered by the First Presidency. Having a testimony of their callings meant I knew that what they had decided was right for us. In the days and months that followed my testimony was strengthened even more as we both received confirmation that going through this process was what the Lord wanted us to do. I'll be forever grateful for that testimony building experience that taught me that on occasion the Lord speaks to His prophets for us individually.
My sister forwarded this video of CNN talkshow host Glenn Beck. I loved how he talked about President Hinckley. Being a convert he talks about wanting to be a better person because of him and his example. Just wanted to share it.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Remembering a Prophet
Posted by The Spendloves at 11:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
beautiful brookie thank you for sharing!
Wow, that's pretty cool they let him do that on CNN.
Post a Comment