Thursday, January 14, 2010

On the Mend

The computer that is... My work laptop had a hard week. It's a old laptop anyway and it has been rebuilt at least 2 or 3 times. But when you work from home you aren't on the top of the list for new laptops... So I've been just dealing with how slow it is, until this week. On Monday it froze and I had to restart. Well after restarting I started getting all of these memory errors. I could only use one application at a time. It was ridiculous. So I complained enough and our IT guy went to work. I'm at the top of the list for a new one, but I needed something to help me limp along. He just happened to have some memory lying around. I know what he meant, but doesn't that just sound weird? So, I'm up and running again. Sorry for the delay to all the loyal fans of my cute boys.

Anyone know where we can get some capes? I don't know how long the hooded bath towels will seem cool. But seriously, they were entertained for a solid thirty minutes, just running around the house chasing each other.Here are some live action shots before a recent nap time. Now you can see why Isaac sometimes flies out of the crib. He can get some serious air.

And I just have to put this in here. I've had in my head that I wanted pictures of food in my kitchen. It's hard to find decent food pictures. Finally IKEA came through. I also wanted a Cucina (kitchen in Italian) sign. I couldn't find one that was big enough for the wall, so I made it. So the final obstacle was hanging. Hanging things on the wall is not something we excel at. It was a tense Saturday afternoon, but we finally did it. No, I'm not some sort of design person, but I like it. It's symmetrical and that's a big deal to me.

9 comments:

Jana said...

Do you really want capes? Because I'm planning to make one for Parker for his birthday, and I could whip up a couple more while I'm at it.

Tiffany said...

Capes, huh? Sounds like Grandma T needs to outfit those Spendlove boys the way she did the other boys.

Tennille said...

Yep, Mom makes the best capes. Too bad you didn't think of it sooner, what with their birthdays so soon.

I like the kitchen wall arrangement. I'm currently trying to think of things to put on the wall in my office. And I'm stumped...

Jen I said...

I don't know, we just watched The Incredibles and don't you know what Edna always says??! "NO CAPES!!" They all get sucked into vortexes! Ok, you probably won't have that problem and let me know if you find some because I've wanted some for a long time too.

Ok, that is some serious air. Great shots.

And of course! A room in the Spendlove home wouldn't be complete without some signs! I like the pictures. Someday maybe I will hang something on a wall in my home.

Angie said...

I'm sure mom could get capes made for your boys in time. She already figured out all the issues with the big boys before. And really, hers are the best. Talk with her ASAP.

As far as bummy computers--no fun, especially when you need to work. But you are blessed with an IT guy--yeah. For most of the week, mine would time the omega symbol every time I wanted it to type Z. Crazy and then it's okay now.

Monica said...

Cool pictures. I have some cool ones I took cause I had a similar idea too.

Warning on the cape idea:

We love mom's capes. C did however jump off of the big window sill in our basement onto our couch and when I asked him what in the world he was thinking because he could have gotten seriously hurt. He turned and looked at me with a weird look and said "uh, mom...I had my cape on!" Like of course he could fly cause he had a cape on.

There you have it...I have warned you that boys will attempt the craziest things because of cape powers!

Laura Ayers said...

I was going to tell you that has someone that sells cute homeade capes there for a good price, but Jana's offer is better! I thought we'd be done with ours by now, but our boys still play dress up more than anything else.

Spendy said...

That is some SERIOUS air! I can't imagine what kind of headbanging on "my wall" they've got going on now. ;)

And I love the kitchen designs. Symmetry is an oh-so important quality. I live it, everyday!

PS my word verification word is "squids". I get some odd pleasure when it's an actual word...

Sarah said...

Glad your back. Maybe the boys will be satisfied with the towels til they get older then choose a super hero costume to leave on for days (Nate).
Nice work on the kitchen wall hangings. It looks great.
Wow! Isaac does get some serious air. Wonder if that will carry into athletics as he ages.