I've said it before, but I'll say it again... I love Christmas. To be more exact, I love the holidays. I'm not a huge Halloween fan, but everything in between Halloween and New Year's I love.
Because I love the holidays, about half way through December I start to think about January and the rest of the year and what there is to look forward to after Christmas. I know it's going to be a slight let-down as it is every year, so I try to prepare myself with some happy post-holiday thoughts. Because of the let-down I somewhat dread taking down the holiday decorations. But something happened this year and I just started going crazy on New Year's day. Knowing that I had to start working again on Monday, after a glorious 2 week break, I started to panic and I really wanted to feel organized and ready to get back to the grind Monday morning. So I took everything down WAY faster than I put it up. It actually felt good to get things back to normal. I just decided to rip the bandaid off. It's January and there is nothing I can do about it. So I now look to my post-holiday thoughts.
3. Shawn got me a great present for Christmas! I'm going to be taking a photography class through our school district. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. Anyone local want to join me? Because it's through the school district it's super cheap!!
4. We have a no kids vacation planned in May. Let's just say that this trip could seriously be the trip of a lifetime. It's almost better that I don't think about it too much or I'm bummed it's only January.
5. It's a new year and a new decade. The past year has been good in a lot of ways but also rough in quite a few ways. Here's to hoping that 2010 is better.
So it's not a long list, but it's enough happy things that I'm glad to be starting off a new year. Like most of the world, I've got a whole long list of new year's resolutions in my head. If I'm able to pull any of them off it'll be a great year.





5 comments:
Very handsome boys. Grandma buys the best outfits!
yea...ALL of our Christmas stuff is still up. It's not that I'm trying to make it last longer. I'm actually just hoping that somehow it all magically goes away without me having to do it....hmm..where are those elves when you need them??!!
Where are you going in May?
When are we all getting together?
I got Christmas down last night about 11pm. It's good to be in January.
I'm with Neelie, Grandma buys the best outfits!
I would totally take the class with you, if I could find a similarly cheap flight and the childcare in which to do so. Someday, right? For now, book club is becoming tricky.
And yes, Chuck is coming soon--yeah!
Those outfits are adorable! I totally feel the same way about January! I think it is the longest month of the year (especially when I was a school teacher and all the kids were crazy!) I still have my Christmas up and I just don't want to take it down!
Yea for trips without the munchkins!!!
Post a Comment