5. We've always known there were issues with our kitchen floor but we didn't know how large those issues were. We decided last fall to tackle it, or I should say I decided we should and made Shawn do it. He is a good man to do it. It was a huge amount of work that was started in late September and more or less finished before Christmas. During that time we could be found eating out A LOT, eating in our make shift kitchen (that is really a guest room) and storing our fridge and oven in the living room. Basically there was a floor joist that was more than an inch higher that the other floor joists. We had two layers of vinyl on the floor and we wanted to replace it with tile. To do that, it needed to be leveled. That involved removing the vinyl, cutting a huge hole in the floor boards and shaving down the floor joist. Then came the self-leveling compound that was applied three different times I think. And when that was all done came the actual work of tiling. When Shawn would tell people what he was doing at Home Depot they would say, "That's a job for a professional." And they were right. Luckily, we have some very handy neighbors that have a lot of tiling experience and they spend a lot of time at our house during those months. Shawn learned a lot throughout this. And I think we can both agree that we don't want to do anything like this every again!
Monday, June 6, 2011
Floored
Posted by The Spendloves at 10:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
nice floor! I will say most projects we have done ourselves we have felt the same way. Need extra help from friends and don't want to EVER do that again!!
Post a Comment