You know how before you get married and have kids you would always see parents with their kids screaming in stores and wonder what was wrong with the parents? Yeah, its amazing how after having my own children and "becoming one of them" I know the appropriate question is "What is wrong with those kids?"
We did some Christmas shopping tonight. We went to two stores and we were done in about 40 minutes. Our kids could not handle it. They wanted everything in the store. They wanted to run around crazy and we had them, *gasp*, in a cart instead. The great or not so great thing about twins is when you're in a different part of the store with one of your toddlers and you hear another kid screaming, it could easily be your other toddler.
This reminds me of this past week at church. Our children are in full toddler, temper tantrum mode and sometimes we ignore them until they calm down. Well in Sacrament meeting, Austin was starting to throw a fit about something. I looked over and realized that Shawn was just ignoring him, kind of forgetting we weren't at home. So I grabbed him and took him out. Shawn looked kind of surprised and quickly realized what he had been doing.
So here are a few pictures from the past few months and a few temper tantrums for your viewing displeasure. We are officially "one of them."
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Becoming One of Them
Posted by The Spendloves at 11:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
At least your kids are still little. Just wait until you have a four year old throwing a tantrum about not being able to get a Darth Vader trick-or-treat bucket.
Being a parent is no fun sometimes... :)
I guess I just feel like a spectacle all too often. I guess that is why I like to go to the store with only one kid and have people think I'm somewhat normal. Once you are past two in NOVA, you aren't just abnormal.....you are downright crazy!!! and people will stare and shake their heads.
oh and love the pics!!!
I always remember someone telling me to look for those in the crowd who nod with understanding. There are fellow parents out there who have "been there--done that."
Welcome to the club :).
Yeah, I've been a spectacle for quite some time now. It's always amusing to me when I have one or two with me and I am told by strangers how full my hands are. Really, if they only knew! Some day the tantrums will end, right?
Post a Comment