Friday, December 4, 2009

Just One of Those Days

So it might be technically the next day, but if I haven't gone to sleep yet, it still counts in my book.

It's been one of those days...one of those days where my brain and responsibilities have been so fragmented that I can't see straight.

A friend once said that I had the perfect situation. I get to do it all. I get to do both the jobs I love. My job as a mom and my "work" job... and all from home working the hours that I want to. But man, some days the jobs collide and DO NOT get along well together. Today was one of those days.

At one point I was editing a POORLY written document (no, I did not write it), participating on an unrelated conference call, and holding one or two of the boys to keep them from crying so I could still hear the phone call...all at the same time. Some days I can handle that much stuff. Today was not one of those days. At one point I put both boys in their cribs to "read" so I could focus for 10 minutes and just finish something. They were not happy about it.

Later in the day I was stuck on a ridiculous customer demo and Isaac woke up way early from his nap, SCREAMING, and there was nothing I could do about it. Being stuck on that call was heart wrenching. Again... it was a day of job collisions.

But it's over thankfully. I just finished up the last of many documents I had to create today. The boys ate cheeseburgers and french fries which always makes them happier. And I put up our Christmas tree which makes me happier.

So I'm done complaining now. I know I shouldn't complain too much. I really do have it good. Just some days too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

But as always... I will end with a picture of the boys from earlier in the fall. They make it all worth it.

7 comments:

Jen I said...

Nice job being trying to be so polite and optimistic about it. :) I'd just say the day sucked and end it at that. I still have NO idea how you do it. (Oh, wait - no sleep, that's how you told me you do it.) I can't even type an email without my kids freaking out. And yours don't even watch tv. Amazing.

Tennille said...

You know I know how you feel. On Thursday, the babies were both sad and wouldn't play in the basement so I had both of them on my lap for an hour, trying to work. Yeah, it didn't work.

Just wait until you have to hide from your children in the closet so you can hear a conference call. My co-workers always love it when I do that. :)

It's definitely hard most days to juggle everything, but so worth it to be at home with them.

Spendy said...

Let me teach you a little trick so that you can remain the wonder woman in everyone's eyes that you are... you can change the date on your posts! So even if it's after midnight and says you're posting on the 5th... a little switcheroo to the 4th and you're good to go. No one will EVER know that you techincally didn't post on the 4th! ;)

San Diego Spendloves said...

You are amazing. I don't know how you do it all!

I am with the boys...cheeseburgers and fries make me happy to! They look very cute in all of the pictures too.

Jennifer said...

Let me know when you need a break! A chilly walk or a trip to Starbucks (I keep thinking of that steamer Melissa had!). After a crazy day like that, some time away from from home is a great remedy!

My very sweet mother always says, "Do your best; that's all Angels can do!"

Or my Grandma, "Hold on to the willars!" which I think are some sort of reed that you should cling to as you are being swept downstream.

Personally, I like my what my very irreverent elder brother says, "No matter how hard it hurts, never let go of the handlebars!"

Pearls of wisdom, aren't they?

Love you bunches!

Jules said...

Good job, Supermom. We all have a crazy day every now and then! Way to keep it together!

Angie said...

I have taken client calls outside in the freezing cold to run away from screaming children who were following me. Sometimes your many jobs just do not play well together. You're doing a splendid job though!