We have a problem. Last year I bought cute hat and mitten sets from Old Navy for the boys. They were a little big and I knew they would be perfect for this year. The hats are, but the gloves are still HUGE! So whenever we put them on the boys they won't keep them on. They think they're great, but they take them off and hand them to me about every 15 seconds and say, "Help!" So last night at Temple Square Austin's hands were really cold. This is what Shawn did to remedy the situation.
If you can't tell, those are Shawn's gloves and he's eating a graham cracker. Miraculously he kept them on the whole walk back to the car.
What do you guys do? Have you found gloves that your kids will keep on? We get a lot of snow and there is no way I can keep the boys out of snow all winter. We need gloves for these kids!!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
The Glove Dilemma
Posted by The Spendloves at 11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
When CE was little (the last time we lived in a place with snow and a toddler), I got these thumbless mittens that had velcro straps around the wrists that made them adjustable (they were fleece). M quite liked them when we went to Mom's in January and she couldn't get them off and because of the lack of thumbs, they weren't impossible to get on her. That's what I'd look for.
I think we've only ever done mittens for babies that little, and I'm not sure we've ever had a ton of luck with them keeping them on. Good luck, though!
When you find out, let me know. We're coming to the cold in two days.
Buy stretch gloves that fit snug.
Thanks for posting every day. I love it! Seeing my grandsons every day is a great Christmas present.
We are big fans of the thumbless mittens around these parts. I love Land's End ones because they are LONG. We put them on before we put their coats on and they can't ever get them off. I'm sure you could get them at Sears now.
Post a Comment