Sunday, December 20, 2009

Maybe He's Just Taller Than I Think He Is

You know how you just assume that your little boys will always be your little boys?
Well when I saw this I knew one of my boys is a little taller than I thought he was.
I purposely pushed the Harvest Loaf back from the edge of the counter because Austin had his eye on it earlier. Then he just nonchalantly comes out of the kitchen with chocolate smeared on his face and a chunk of bread in his hand. While I was cleaning it up I heard him talking to Isaac about a "cookie." (Basically everything sweet is a cookie in their minds.) I bet he was apologizing for not snagging Isaac a piece too.

Seriously, what am I going to do with these guys?

(Oh and just so you know, we do remove ALL chairs out of the kitchen after meals usually. That keeps them out of a lot of things, but obviously not everything.)

4 comments:

Jana said...

see? aren't you glad you're blogging daily so that someday the boys can look back and see all the trouble they got into? with photo evidence!

funny stuff.

Angie said...

What a hoot. In addition to being taller (with a greater reach than you know) than you think they are, they are also more resourceful and will soon learn the power of traction with which to pull themselves up onto counters and other surfaces without so much as a drawer pull let alone a chair. Behold the power of BOY!

Monica said...

Ah man...I feel your pain. Everything in our house is pushed back, high in cupboards etc. Our tree usually only has ornaments on the top half. I enjoy being a mother of small ones but there are days when I think it would be nice to have a normal looking tree, eh?

Spendy said...

Cute boys... but mmmmmmmmm. That harvest loaf looks good! I woulda snagged some too!